Quigley Street Night Shelter
Quigley Street Night Shelter provides safe crisis emergency accommodation with one nutritious evening meal and breakfast included in the stay.
Quigley Street Night Shelter offers personal hygiene facilities for people who are experiencing homelessness, and staff support through informal counselling. There is a Case Worker available Monday to Friday who will engage with clients to help develop plans for exiting Crisis Emergency Accommodation and back into sustainable housing.
Quigley Street Night Shelter provides services in a manner that will meet the needs of the broader community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, who are homeless, sleeping in parks and other public places, are in need of hygiene facilities or a meal. Individuals accessing Quigley Street Night Shelter must be over 18 years of age.
- Crisis Emergency Accommodation comprising 4 dormitory rooms
- Up to 40 bed capacity
- Shower and Laundry facilities
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen
- Medical sick bay
Quigley Street Night Shelter commits to providing crisis emergency accommodation and support to assist people that are homeless to move back into sustainable accommodation in collaboration with the Cairns Homelessness Services Hub (The Hub), Cairns HomeStay Support Service and the Anglicare Youth Services.
As an essential element of case management support, the Shelter will develop referral pathways with other appropriate services. The Shelter will work collaboratively and in partnership with other service providers with the goal of breaking the cycle of homelessness.
Quigley Street Night Shelter hosts activities focused on improving the living skills of our clients. These activities include:
- Accessing employment and training or other community participation
- Every Monday: Wuchopperen hosts drug and alcohol counselling
- Every Wednesday: The premises are closed. New clients are able to access after 3pm
- Every Thursday morning: Omega Health and O’Brien Medical Services are available for all to see
- Every Thursday: A Mental Health Nurse provides counselling
- Every Friday: Pathology visit to follow up on Doctor’s requests from the clinic on Thursdays
- Assessments for clients requesting Rehabilitation are done in house
- Blue Care will deliver lunch meals to clients who meet the relevant criteria
- Every Monday and Friday at 2.30pm: Oz Care hosts a clinic twice a week for clients who need a nurse for wounds, blood pressure or sugar levels
- Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: Centrelink come to the Shelter to assist clients with payment issues
|Drug & alcohol counselling hosted by Wuchopperen||Centrelink visits Shelter to assist clients with payment issues||Premises closed.
New clients are able to access after 3.00pm
|Omega Health & O’Brien Medical Services are available for all to see Thursday mornings||Pathology visit to follow up on Doctor’s requests from the clinic on Thursdays|
|Centrelink visits Shelter to assist clients with payment issues||Mental Health Nurse provides counselling||Nurse visits at 2.30pm for wounds, blood pressure and sugar levels hosted by Oz Care|
|Nurse visits at 2.30pm for wounds, blood pressure and sugar levels hosted by Oz Care||Centrelink visits Shelter to assist clients with payment issues|
The service operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year.
Address: 6 – 8 Quigley Street, Cairns
Phone: 07 4046 8092
Fax: 07 4051 4360
Please provide feedback regarding your involvement with the Quigley Street service. Feedback forms are available from the Quigley Street team, Anglicare North Queensland Limited (ANQL) offices, or download the Anglicare North Queensland Online Feedback Form.
Please email feedback forms to or post to 179 Lake St Cairns QLD 4870.
Alternatively, complete the form below to submit your feedback online.
If you feel you need to contact a member of ANQL’s executive management team, please phone 4041 5454 or email .